gtk/gnome Fonts under fluxbox

gregory gulrajani greg at gulrajani.org
Sat Jan 29 15:03:57 UTC 2005

Hello Ubuntu list,

I have just switched from Gnome back to Fluxbox until i get some more
memory for my laptop. 256MB combined with a pokey harddrive does not
cut it for Gnome/Firefox/Thunderbird/(n) Gnome terminals.

But under fluxbox all the fonts rendered by GTK/Gnome apps (gvim /
firefox / thunderbird )  look odd. It is a bit hard to describe but
they seem to have a reddish/fuzzy tint to them that i find very
distracting. Is there some configuration i can manually set to clear up
the fonts?

thanks in advanced
-best
-greg