Sound on an Asus M6000R

jon_branch at email.com jon_branch at email.com
Sat Jan 29 04:20:23 UTC 2005

Hi people

I'm new to Ubuntu and relatively new to Debian although I've been using Linux since 1998. My background is all on Red Hat based distributions. I've just installed Ubuntu on my new Asus M6000R laptop and am impressed that almost everything works "out of the box". The one critical item that does not work is sound. Is there a manual configuration tool I need to use? Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working? The machine is used for presentations etc. so sound is a basic must have on this unit.

Regards

Jon Branch
IT Coordinator
Christian Alliance International School, Hong Kong