parted

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 02:36:49 UTC 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:12:18 +0000, baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, just looked at Parted, it looks like a good ways to hose my box with
> one slip. I don't want to risk it, don't fancy doing a re-install.
>
> What I need is nice and simple, Janet and John resize my ext3 by 30gig
> without losing Linux.

Personally I now use Qtparted.  That's the gui frontend to parted.  I
use the version available on Knoppix.

I also used in the past the more expensive Partition Magic for
Windows.  But not since it destroyed my fat32 Windows 98 partition...

So don't forget to do backups before even thinking of resizing any of
of partitions.