Copying audio CD / The Missing Ubuntu Guide

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 15:23:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:27:50 +1030, Brian Astill <bastill at adam.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 14:36 -0500, Michael R Head wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 19:24 +0000, Ben Edwards wrote:
> > > I guess this donr help:
> > >
> > > ben at red ~ $ dd if=/dev/cdrom of=image.iso bs=1024k
> > > dd: reading `/dev/cdrom': Input/output error
> > > 0+0 records in
> > > 0+0 records out
> > > 0 bytes transferred in 0.027925 seconds (0 bytes/sec)
> > >
> > > Is it that it is a Audio CD.  I tried xcdroast but it did not find my
> > > CD Burner;(
> >
> > Try graveman? http://www.nongnu.org/graveman/main.html#download
> >
> Or (if you run KDE) k3b http://www.k3b.org/
> Some, though not all of these KDE apps will run under Gnome provided you
> have the requisite qt version (QT >= 3.1) but I can't tell you if k3b
> will work for your setup.

Thied it and it totaly failed to copy an audio CD that could be plaid
on a domestic player.  Tried lots or options, created lots or
coasters, and even tried different kernal versions.  I did however
manage to do it under windows so I think the drive is OK.

Currently I have gravyman almost working but just hange when the
process bar comes up (well actualy its just the process bar window
that hangs, I can close it and the main app is ok).

Ta,
ben