unknown process

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Fri Jan 28 14:51:49 UTC 2005

hi,
Am Freitag, den 28.01.2005, 14:40 +0000 schrieb david:
> I don't recall ever seeing it before. I can't find a manual entry for
> pickup or anything in apropos either.
thats strange, man pickup shows me the manpage here....
an excerpt:

pickup - Postfix local mail pickup

SYNOPSIS
       pickup [generic Postfix daemon options]

DESCRIPTION
       The  pickup  daemon waits for hints that new mail has been
dropped into
       the maildrop directory, and feeds it into the cleanup(8) daemon.
Ill‐
       formatted  files  are  deleted  without notifying the originator.
This
       program expects to be run from the master(8) process manager.

STANDARDS
       None. The pickup daemon does not interact with the outside world.

the last sentence should answer your question....

ciao
	oli