SB Live Problem

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:32:16 UTC 2005

Hi Gill

Have you tried looking at alsamixer in a terminal window?

It is possible to have the sound turned down/up for left/right/both
channels so it may be some weird manifestation like that.

If there is an issue there, review the manpage for alsamixer and it
will instruct you on how to fix the volumes and such.

For the settings to stick, I believe you need to do 'sudo alsamixer'
and when tweaked do 'sudo alsactl store' to save the new settings.

HTH,

Jon

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:27:36 -0500, R S Gill <rsgill at purdue.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a weird problem.
>
> Sound is only coming out of one my left speaker. The right speaker works
> coz I get output from it in Windoze.
>
> I have used gnome-alsamixer to try and identify the setting that is out
> of balance but was unable to find it.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?
>
> Gill
>
> --
> "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them" -- FDR
>
> "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" -- George Orwell

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.
   - Isaac Asimov