Conexant HSF Softmodem Driver for Ubuntu

piedamaro ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Jan 25 16:48:15 UTC 2005

Matthew S-H Wrote:
> I was just wondering if any of you know of any drivers for Conexant HSF
> Softmodems.  I have a PC with one of those in it, and I don't know how
> to use it with Ubuntu.  The closest thing I could find to a driver was
> at www.linuxant.org .  The only problem is that their free version only
>
> goes up to 14.4kbps.  Plus, i couldn't install it.  And I'm a poor 15
> yr old high school student, so I can't rly afford to buy any software
> right now.  Any ideas that don't involve money?
>
> ~Matt

I've downloaded their driver, then I've found a little perl script
which generates the serial number for the full version. Just grub the
6.x release else it doesn't work. (probably you have to use some file
sharing program because the old version is no more downloadable from
their site).
Ops...me and my big mouth ;)

--
piedamaro