FWD: repeat: sharing problem

Pybe squalidstuff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:22:16 UTC 2005

> It worked with the text file because (I assume) it opened with a gnome
> app which understands the smb://blah/blah url. Oo etc dont seem to be
> able to.
>
> HTH
> Pybe

This is because Gnome uses the gnome-vfs and other bits to mount smb
shares on hte fly and any gnome prog will be able to get to it - but
non-gnome programs dont use gnome stuff to find files. If you go into
Tools in Openoffice and options /preferences (im not at home now so
cant remeber the exact location) somewhere burried in the options is a
check box to use openoffice dialogues. uncheck it so it does not use
them. This will then use the default gnome dialogues and should enable
gnome-vfs. This will allow you to navigate to your share fine from the
open file dialogue in openoffice.

Tom