Desktop Calendar/PIM/etc

Travis Newman panickedthumb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 03:59:39 UTC 2005

Sorry to crosspost from the forums, but there are 2 different audiences,
so I thought I might also get some help here.

We're looking for a good Calendar/Planner/PIM/etc system that has popup
alarms, and that DOES NOT require the app to be open, maybe just a
remote app that takes up much less sytem resources (using some older PCs
because we aren't loaded yet). I do have an old iMac that I'm basically
using as a server, so I'm thinking of setting up some sort of groupware
server there and having the program sync with that, if need be, and I
must admit I just want to play around with a groupware server, but
that's NOT necessary Evolution would be great, but I can't get it to
alarm unless Evolution is open, and system resources, as I said, are a
big issue. It doesn't NEED to look nice, but it would be nice  gtk2
would be preferable, but it can be motif for all I care if it works.

PS: I wasn't speaking in the "royal we" at first, or going crazy, I was
talking about me and my fiancee.

Thanks in advance!

Trav