ISO images of the *whole* Ubuntu archive ?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 25 01:56:32 UTC 2005

<quote who="Kent Frazier">

> Hey Jeff.  I have been wondering about this a bit.  Will this also be
> bootable and act as an install disc, or will it just be a repository?  In
> other words, for those of us with broadband and DVD-burners, could we get
> the DVD instead of the CD, or would we need both?

It will definitely be an install cd, not just a package repo. It is quite
likely that it will also include the LiveCD image too, so you'll be able to
install or demonstrate/test from the same disk. :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

    "Stay away from my house, you freak! Can't you see that everyone is
             buying station wagons?" - Neal Stephenson, ITBWTCL