[Hoary] Funny window behaviour

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:42:31 UTC 2005

Hello all, I'm running into strange window behaviour in GNOME. It
seems that I can't click on the window title bar (bar with the
window's name, close, maximise & minimise widgets) and have it stay. I
can't actually move windows around, but, I can now at least click on
the maximise widget and have the window go to full screen.

When I click on the window title bar, it disappears, then the whole
window disappears, then reappears but without focus. Then I have to
click in the window's contents to regain app focus.

At one point, I even had my wish (however briefly) that the
menu-in-window paradigm be banished (a la Mac OS since 1984!!!).
FireFox had its menu smack against the top of the screen
(unfortunately, the window title bar wasn't repositioned somewhere
else on the screen like in Mac OS).

Earlier on today, I couldn't actually type in GNOME (mouse worked, I
could browse web with mouse only). It's a little less problematic
after I sudo apt-get update & sudo apt-get upgrade from one of the
consoles.

Anyway, is anyone else suffering from these problems. I'm guessing
that things are being changed in GNOME itself ;P)

Eric.