[Hoary] mysterious file in /

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 19:17:25 UTC 2005

I just noticed in my hoary partition  that there is a a file named "1"
in the top  root directory dated from January 18:

$ cat 1
update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/fileordering exists during rc.d purge (continuing)
 Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/fileordering ...
   /etc/rc0.d/K76fileordering
   /etc/rc6.d/K76fileordering

Not sure where it comes from, but I suspect it appeared during one an
upgrade last week.  Is there a typo in one script somewhere in Hoary,
and instead of going to ">&1" that output went to ">1"