KDE

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 02:52:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:55:39 +0100, Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski wrote:
> Joe Wamsley wrote:
>
> > You can either use apt-get install kde or Synaptec.
>
>   It would be wise to move to Horay branch, too. Witch is not so good
> option for a normal (ie. not a developer) user.

Just as an FYI, I'm no developer and I'm definitely no *nix expert,
*and* I run Hoary on a PPC laptop (not exactly high on the support
list... though, I guess Mac hardware is very tightly defined so it's
not that hard to support ;) and, despite all these factors I find
Hoary perfectly usable (and quite exciting b/c I get to play with the
latest packages with the latest updates).

I wrote up a wiki on some simple things which you have to do to keep
Hoary going once it breaks (& it will once in a blue moon so it's not
advised to have it as your ONLY system) but breakage is fixed very
quickly (usually with hours).

Eric.