Fwd: I can see nothing!

pau pau.sabria at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 22:06:19 UTC 2005

I finally found out how to solve it!

It seems that ubuntu installer is not quite prepared for laptop
screens and the XF86config file is almost perfect. That is way, I
think, so many people are having trouble with the installation of
ubuntu on their Desktops. The monitor that is defined is a generic
monitor. But it didn't fit with my monitor.

Looking at /var/log/gdm I found were the error was. And after looking
up the right xconfiguration on linux on laptops webpage I got it ok!

Thank you for all the effort!