why is Flight Gear so slow?

Danilo Piazzalunga danilopiazza at libero.it
Sat Jan 22 11:03:47 UTC 2005

Sorry for the late answer...

Douglas Alves wrote:
> Is there an app for reporting the video card? I think I saw summat like
> that in a previous (deleted) post. My video card is integrated in the
> motherboard and I'm not quite sure how to look it up.

You can always try the "lspci -v" command. On my system it lists first the pci
devices, then the agp one(s), so I can see the video card at the end.

If you have an Ati or Nvidia card, you may have to install the proprietary
driver in order to enable direct rendering.

--
Danilo Piazzalunga                     +--------------------+
PGP Key available at subkeys.pgp.net   | Linux User #245762 |