Flight Gear

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 20 10:52:43 UTC 2005

I installed Flight Gear 9.4 from Synaptic (Universe). Aprat from
annoying "seg faults" that keep crashing it, I have another problem.
I downloaded the Concorde aircraft from the Flight Gear web site
(www.flightgear.org), installed it as detailled on the site, whih I
think I got rogth since the Concorde is now listed when I do "fgfs
--show-aircraft", but when I try to start Flight Gear with the Concorde
I get the following error :

***************
vincent at Lotus-Esprit:~ $ fgfs --aircraft=Concorde

YOU HAVE AN INCOMPATIBLE CFG FILE FOR THIS AIRCRAFT. RESULTS WILL BE
UNPREDICTABLE !!
Current version needed is: 1.61
         You have version: 1.65

FlightGear aborting

What the hell does that mean ?
Does anyone experience the same problem ?

Looking at the version change log, the Concorde was introduced with
version 0.9.FIVE not 0.9.4... could that be the problem ? :o(

Also, whilst I am it, when I try to download the Helicopter models
(as350, and bell206) the file downloads okay, but weights only 2.5KB
(instead of one or 2MB normally, and contains nothing but 3 small XML
files. Sure can't be that...where are the proper files ?? :o(

Vince