Print Test Page = 12, Print Docs = 0

alex radsky at ncia.net
Tue Jan 18 16:43:32 UTC 2005

I'm trying to print a text document with a HP5550.  It seems to be set
up OK because because it prints a test page wonderfully--in fact, I have
about a dozen copies ---but I can't get even one printout of the text
document that I need.

I have a command box which looks like where the print operation is
initiated.  There is a space to enter the Location of the document. My
text document is /home/alex/.bashrc and it is in the 'Location' space.
The 'status' space shows  'Ready to print'

There are TWO buttons, one labelled 'Print a Test Page' which works
fine.   The other button is labelled 'Close' which does close the
operation.  But there is no 'Print Document' button. What other hoops do
I have to jump through print a simple document?

I know for a fact that my HP5550 is capable of printing text.

alex, the OF