Troubleshooting Tips

George Wright fiddlesticks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:18:35 UTC 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:48:30 -0500, Jeff Mountz <jmountz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed BloGTK and entered the particulars for my blog service and
> when I attempted to post to the blog BloGTK closed up (crashed?).  Now
> when I attempt to open BloGTK it appears to open for several seconds
> (screen and fields without any text) then pffft, it's gone.  So, I
> would like to know how to resolve the issue, but better yet I would
> love to know how to troubleshoot such situations in general.  If
> someone would be so kind as to point me to some helpful resources I
> would appreciate it.

try launching it from the command line  -  what's the output in the
terminal as it dies?
if that doesn't help (sounds like a permissions or font problem) move
on to running strace  blogtk (or whatever the name of the binary is)

It'll spit out a lot of stuff, run slowly, but you'll be able to
pinpoint the problem - or at least get closer to being able to do so.

that's a start

hth

george