Dual display monitors

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 18 13:25:39 UTC 2005

<quote who="Ben Hodgson">

> Does Ubuntu have native support for dual graphics cards in order to run
> something similar to the "Extended Desktop" feature in Microsoft Windows?
> I have seen something called x2vnc, which allows me to do something of the
> sorts but requires me to use a seperate networked machine to display it.

Yes, with XFree86/xorg the feature is called Xinerama. There are lots of
guides for setting it up on the web (someone may have put one in our wiki,
too).

x2vnc and x2x are really cool though, especially if you have two machines
and only enough room for one mouse/keyboard combo. :-)

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

     "Old timers will tell you what a pain unstable was during the new
        testament transition." - Jon Corbet on Debian's KJV packages