Xfce 4.2.0

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at web.de
Tue Jan 18 10:11:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:18:05 -0500
wolovids <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> As long as you run  "gnome-volume-manager" and save your Xfce session
> during logout, you will have all that functionality on startup.   Works
> great for me.

Great. Thanks for the answer. Now I have some more questions.

(1) which program does the gnome-volume-manager starts if a new device is
detected? Nautilus?

(2) If so, what happens to the XFCE4-Desktop if Nautilus is started? Is it
"under control" of Nautilus then?

(3) How light is XFCE4 with all these nifty gnome services in the
background? Remains it lighter than Gnome?

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>