Disabling some default actions

Robert Parker bposs at dodo.com.au
Mon Jan 17 14:24:26 UTC 2005

I'm enjoying the use of my Warty system but I do have a couple of issues.

1. When I insert a blank cdr or dvd-r into one my 2 burners, cd/dvd creator
automatically starts. Now that can be helpful to some people but I burn using
scripts so the feature is just in my way.

2. Similarly, when the scripts finish burning they open and close the burner
tray to prepare for the verification stage. The cd/dvd is auto mounted and an
explorer type window opens. Again this is just in the way of what the script
is trying to do.

These events happen on the default Gnome Desktop.

How do I disable these features?

Thanks
Bob Parker