Debian or Ubuntu?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 17 02:22:49 UTC 2005

<quote who="David">

> > > * Ubuntu has services as an afterthought (correctly, in my view)
> >
> > What does this mean? I don't get it. ;-)
>
> My understanding is that Warty doesn't install ANY servers - apache bind
> etc... and you have to add them later. Did I miss something?

The default install is a complete desktop, but if you boot the installer
with 'custom' (or 'server' on hoary), you'll get a sensibly complete base
system that you can add software to. This is the best method of installing
any server OS - start with the very basics, add what you need. :-)

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

  "Anyway - I need something more James Bond than Banana Man, if you know
                       what I mean..." - Tom Gilbert