Eclipse 3.0.1 on Ubuntu AMD64!

Grzegorz B. Prokopski gadek at sablevm.org
Wed Jan 12 03:19:28 UTC 2005

You could simply go to http://sablevm.org/wiki/Eclipse :-)

> I tried Eclipse 3.0.1 for AMD64 on Ununtu for AMD64 with the new
> SableVM they just uploaded.
>
> ...it works!

Great!

> Looks a bit wierd though, problems with lines and pixmaps.
> And is
>  export JITC_PROCESSOR_TYPE=6
> correct for AMD64?

I believe this was only needed for IBM's JDK on PPC.  For SableVM
it's irrelevant and I think should be removed (doing it now).

> Here's a link to a screenshot:
> http://www.oalex.net/~ernstp/Screenshot.png

Hmm... strange, indeed.  When I was trying it out, I had "normal"
pixmaps.  Can anyone else confirm this problem? (Ubuntu or not...)

> Great work!

Thanks.  And thanks a lot for the report.  This is encouraging to hear
success stories.  Really.

Cheers,

				Grzegorz B. Prokopski
--