Intel HD Audio (Sound) supported?

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Sun Jan 16 21:37:51 UTC 2005

I have a quiet new system, I used with WinXp for editing Videos. Now try
to switch to Ubuntu. Installation finally succeeded but I do not hear
anything (except of the fan :-). After studying the HW I found out, that
there seems to be an "Soundcard" on the Motherboard with Intels High
Definition Sound. (See http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm)

The specs: 	Mainboard MSI MS-7091
		Chipset Intel 915P

lspci has this line:
0000:00:1b.0 Class 0403: Intel Corp. I/O Controller Hub Audio (rev 03)

Any idea? Can someone confirm if this soundsystem is supported or not?

Attached the whole output of lspci and dmesg

TIA, Ingo.