D-Link wifi

piltdown piltdown at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 16 21:31:24 UTC 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 04:06:31 -0700, Nicholas Ubuntuser wrote:

> Installing a DWL-G510 D-Link wireless PCI card .
> After some googling, I found this :
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/276933 and decided to
> venture into ndiswrapper world, and see if the win drivers would work.
> So after doing this ->
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/howto/ndiswrapper/
> view?searchterm=ndiswrapper I still aint got nuttin workin. I'm not
> even sure how to check if the install went ok.
> Is 32/64 bit an issue, like the first link mentions?

I know it doesn't really help your particular instance but a D-Link
DWL-650+ works "straight out of the box" with Ubuntu. All I had to do was
plug it in and Ubuntu recognised it. I bought the wireless card after
reading that it worked fine with Ubuntu on a Ubuntu hardware compatibility
site. I tried to find the site again today - but it seems to have
disappeared! All I can find now is page with a pointer to the
general Linux hardware compatibility page. Anyone know if it is still
available.