Howto fix this warning of locales

Danilo Piazzalunga danilopiazza at libero.it
Sun Jan 16 02:40:31 UTC 2005

maikhai wrote:
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LANGUAGE = "en_US:en_GB:en",
>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>         LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
>
> Pls show me howto fix this? (I always use LANG=en_US.UTF-8 in my system)

Usually this means that your locale wasn't generated. What is the content
of /etc/locale.gen?

Try running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales' and make sure that your locale
(en_US.UTF-8) is selected from the list and set as default.

Is it all right now? If not, what was the output of the command and
what is the content of /etc/locale.gen?

--
Danilo Piazzalunga                     +--------------------+
PGP Key available at subkeys.pgp.net   | Linux User #245762 |