Weird firefox problem

Nicholas Pappas nick at rightstep.org
Sat Jan 15 20:27:39 UTC 2005

     Although I have not had success in install Ubuntu yet, I would
imagin that Firefox is available through the repository -- in fact,
isn't Firefox installed by default!?
     If you want to use the installed Firefox, you can change the group
to which the Firefox bin file belongs to the user group, or some other
group that you users belong to.
     chgrp user /usr/local/firefox
     ... altered to suit your needs.

Simon Taplin wrote:

 > I downloaded and tried to install firefox 1.0 from the mozilla
website. Using sudo on my system(Ubuntu Warty Warthog). I have installed
firefox to /usr/local/firefox. But for some reason I can only run
firefox using sudo. I check the permissions on the folder and the folder
owner is root and the file group is staff. The special flag is set to
Set Group Id and  number view is 2755. Does anybody have any idea on
what I have done wrong?