The world needs more newbies

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Sat Jan 15 15:28:59 UTC 2005

On 15 Jan 2005, at 10:39, Nicholas Ubuntuser wrote:

> Hi gang.
> I'm soooo happy to be Ubuntuing now. (tell me thats a verb... ) Its an
> honour and a privilege to be part of the ever improving and
> oh-so-shiny and sexy Ubuntu.
>
> I guess I'm after an intro-users guide. Basic stuff, like how do I
> access my CDROM, how do I format a hard drive I just plugged into the
> IDE, how do I use the disk filing system (and manage partitions).
> Simple stuff really.

Others have pointed you towards the wiki, etc. If you have specific
questions, fire away on this list.

There is an ubuntu documentation team which would be happy to hear of
ideas and needs from everyone, newbies very much included

> BTW I just migrated from Win**** but still love OS-X. I hope thats ok.

Lol! Writing this email on OS X - it's what introduced me to the world
of all things *nixy.

(Are you running Ubuntu on a mac? If so, I'd like to know of any
specific ubuntu-on-mac questions you have for a FAQ I'm preparing)

John