[Fwd: Re: Thunderbird on Ubuntu]

Steven Bridges voodoostevie at voodoostevie.com
Fri Jan 14 17:57:39 UTC 2005

Oops sent this out with the wrong addy.. :)

maikhai wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I installed Ubuntu [Linux version 2.6.8.1-4-386 (buildd at mcmurdo) (gcc
> version 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-9ubuntu5)) #1 Sat Jan 8 19:14:01 UTC
> 2005] then I untar thunderbird-1.0.tar.gz to /home/abc/ then run
> $ /home/abc/thunderbird/thunderbid
> All is OK but :
> Evolution Mail, not thunderbird, allways display as defaults mail!
>
> Pls show me howto fix this? I'm newb!
> Thanks a lot.
>
> m k h _ s g n

If by deafult you mean that when you click on a mail link on websites,
Evolution pops up, then you should reead the Ununtu User's Guide
(http://ubuntuguide.org/). This can be fixed by going to Computer ->
Desktop Preferences -> Preferred Applications.

Click on the Mail Reader Tab and then choose Custom Mail Reader. In the
command field put in:

mozilla-thunderbird %s

Close the window, viola!

However if you mean that the icon for Evolution is showing on the panel,
remove it and add the application Launcher for Thunderbird.

Hope this helps, and by using the guide and the forums as well as this
list can help you out more.

Cheers.