Root owns my CD-RW's after re-inst. - can't burn

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Fri Jan 14 15:59:40 UTC 2005

hi,
Am Freitag, den 14.01.2005, 10:53 -0500 schrieb jonny:
> Graveman works, provided I sudo it - not entirely satisfactory, but
> manageable.
>
> It's a great app, though - it was well worth taking the trouble to
> compile - elegant, clear screens that support all mainstream functional
> requirements without confusing users with obscure options.
>
> It definitely passes the mother-in-law test.  It's not in the ubuntu
> universe, but it deserves to be part of the standard desktop.  I can't
> imagine why it's been left out.
since i will be universe maintainer in a short while, i will care for it
to get included :)

sudo should not be necessary, i hadnt to use it on any of my 10 writers
i have for testing here....

there are issues with the device detection though, i will see if i can
inject the nautilus-cd-burner detection routine (since this works pretty
fine with nearly all the writers out there) after hoary preview is
released and i find some spare time to do that.

i will write a howto on the weekend to describe the process to work
around a failed detection....and put some amd64 packages online.

ciao
	oli