auto shut down fails

Jerry Bond gbond at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jan 13 21:40:52 UTC 2005

I just installed Warty on my Inspiron 3800, and spent the afternoon
hiding from work so I could configure my wireless card (Linksys WPC54G)
using Ndiswrapper and install Firefox 1.0.  Distro is great!

Slight remaining problem: when I shut down the computer now, it gets to
"Power down", but then just hangs and I have to turn it off manually.
Any suggestions on how to find out what is happening and/or how to fix
it?  (I'm not a total Linux newbie, but not great either.)

Thanks.