(Hoary) Language errors

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 03:16:15 UTC 2005

Hi all, I've had these errors ever since I upgraded to Hoary (I
suspect I did the language/character set changes too early in the
process; I did the char set changes before doing the distro upgrade).

Anyway, I thought I'd post the errors here for all to see, and, maybe
recommend a fix:

These are the errors that always appear (also in the boot sequence now):

        LANGUAGE = "en_CA:en_GB:en_US:en",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_CA.UTF-8"

For some context... output from Synaptic/apt-get:

Preparing to replace python2.4-egenix-mxtexttools 2.0.5-2ubuntu1
(using .../python2.4-egenix-mxtexttools_2.0.5-2ubuntu2_powerpc.deb)
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "en_CA:en_GB:en_US:en",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_CA.UTF-8"
Unpacking replacement python2.4-egenix-mxtexttools ...