Trying to format my HDDs...

Lawrence MacIntyre macintyrelp at ornl.gov
Wed Jan 12 21:39:04 UTC 2005

I'm assuming that you asked the wrong question, and that you don't
actually want to format the disk, but you do want to remove all of the
data on them.  If so, you want the following:

Darik's Boot and Nuke <http://dban.sourceforge.net>

Download the .iso, burn a CD from it, and from the boot prompt, select
auto-nuke.  When it boots, it wipes all of the disks that are attached
to the PC.

Lawrence MacIntyre     865.574.8696     macintyrelp at ornl.gov
               Oak Ridge National Laboratory
High Performance Information Infrastructure Technology Group
               AKO: lawrence.macintyre at us.army.mil
           SIPRNet: macintyrelp at ornl.doe.sgov.gov