Editing hdparm.conf

Markus Kolb ubuntu-ml at tower-net.de
Wed Jan 12 21:34:39 UTC 2005

wallijonn wrote on Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 14:31:50 -0500:

> How many devices per channel? Are they both the same speed? In other
> words, do you have a dma33 and a dma100 on the same channel?
>
> You may want to try parsing the command to /dev/hda1 instead of
> /dev/hda, as an example.

Mmh, why /dev/hda1? It is the first primary partition on the master
device of idebus 0.

/dev/hda is master on bus 0 and /dev/hdb ist slave on bus 0.
So two devices at one bus.

This is an example entry for /etc/hdparm.conf from Debian.

command_line {
       hdparm -q -m16 -q -W0 -q -d1 /dev/hda
}

So not the options but the format is important I think.
It should work.

Markus