This Mailinglist

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Jan 10 22:07:59 UTC 2005

Simon Ekstrand wrote:

>I disagree, I'm sure you will also once you've sent enough private replies
>onto lists due to reply-to being set.

All the "reply-to" does is specify the *default* reply-to, which for
community lists would - normally - be the list. It does not stop you
sending private messages, and those who reply to a mailing list meaning
to reply to an individual is definitely the exception rather than the
norm... it is far more likely that somebody sends a reply to an
individual rather than the list by accident, as we all seem to be doing
a lot of the time because of this misguided setting.

Sean