mplayer, gxine plugins for mozilla

balajij ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Jan 10 21:01:01 UTC 2005

Brian Craft Wrote:
> Anyone have the mplayer or gxine plugins for mozilla working?
>
> I've tried them both. They start up correctly when a page loads, but
> neither of them actually play video, at least on the pages I've tried.
>
> One of the pages has a quicktime video, which plays correctly if I
> download it and run gxine or mplayer from the command line. It only
> fails in the plugins.
>
> b.c.

I have xine installed and I tried the gxine plugin.. I could not get
it working with the apple quickime movie trailers..It used to crash
everytime I tried to use the plugin on the apple site.. I then tried
the mozplugger plugin.. now i can get some of the quicktime video
trailers working..some dont..

Some of the ones that work are "The Weather Man", "The ring 2"..

Some of the ones that dont work are "Aviator", "Finding Neverland"..
xine complains that it uses an unavailable codec..  I have installed
the "w32codecs".. what other codecs do I need to install to view these
videos?

Thanks

--
balajij