This Mailinglist

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Jan 10 20:45:21 UTC 2005

Christoph Georgi wrote:

> This Mailing List Reply-To-Whomever seems rather an endless discussion
> in this mailing list, and for many people an anoying one too, I think.
> I would therefore strongly suggest that a poll will be taken on
> ubuntulinux.org (or any other ubuntu homepage) where everyone
> (members, so that everyone can take only one vote?!) can vote by
> having a click rather then posting the same arguments over and over
> again on this list. The solution that gets more votes will be
> implemented and the issue is solved (or, the non-democratic soltuion,
> someone with authority just decides).. No discussion anymore.

I would wholeheartedly accept that... I think that the majority should
decide; for that is what *community* is about.  I will gladly never post
again on "reply to sender" if we democratically decide, as a list, that
is what we want.

But if we democratically decide otherwise, then I think the list
administrators should respect it and modify the settings.

Sean