Nautilus and menu editing.

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at canonical.com
Mon Jan 10 16:22:39 UTC 2005

Le dimanche 09 janvier 2005 à 22:39 -0600, Chad Davis a écrit :
> I am trying to edit my gnome menus. I can not seem to. It seems the
> correct way or the ideal way to do it is to simply browse to
> applications:/// in Nautilus. I am unable to do this. I get the
> following error:
>
> applications:/// is not a valid location.
> Please check the spelling and try again.
>
> I am running Hoary.
>
> Any insight?

Hi,

This code has been dropped with the new menu system in hoary. There is
no graphical tool at the moment to edit the menu, but you can add
some .desktop files in ~/.local/share/applications/ to add an entry for
your user. You can also install menu and menu-xdg to get a Debian
submenu with all the programs entries.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher