Lexmark Printer - Z715

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Mon Jan 10 08:01:11 UTC 2005

Hi All:

I installed Ubuntu Warty on a friends computer tonight.  Went through
the whole install and the last thing I did was to set up the printer.
And, as luck would have it, there are no linux drivers for it.  The
printer is a Lexmark Z715 USB colour inkjet printer.  I checked the
Lexmark site.  No linux drivers for that model.  Tried faking it by
selecting different Lexmark models in the printer configuration but none
of them worked.

Anyone know of a possible solution?  She needs to be able to print and
she is not about to buy a new printer.

I know that Lexmark isn't supported well under Linux but that's what
she's got so I either come up with a way for her to print to it or leave
her using WinXP Home.  :-(

Ed
--
Ed Fletcher
ed at fletcher.ca

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?  -  Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)