ACPI and backlight

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Mon Jan 10 07:25:10 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 02:22:47AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 01:57 +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>
> > sudo: dpms: command not found
> >
> > Which package should I install?
>
> You'll need to grab the dpms package from
> http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/laptops/ .

If I do

  sudo dpms off

the screen (including the backlight) goes indeed go blank.  I then have
to blindly type sudo dpms on to get the display back (moving the
mouse/touching the keyboard does not do that.)

I updated lid.sh and am happy again.  Thanks!

Will the 'dpms' package be present in Hoary's main in the future?

(By the way, I did try booting with acpi=off.  Closing the lid did turn
the backlight off.)

Marius Gedminas
--
For vi emulation of emacs, just type ":sh emacs" (without the quotes).