GNOME-Fx-Human "Firefox theme for Ubuntu"

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 17:35:08 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 17:19, Eric Feliksik wrote:
> Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to let you all know that I just released a version of the
> > GNOME-Fx themes http://gnomefx.mozdev.org which is especially designed
> > for the Ubuntu Human theme.
> >
> > It runs on only on Firefox 1.0. I'm running Debian Sid myself and have a
> > Ubuntu live CD. That CD contained FX 0.9.3., but I guess warty already
> > got updates in the mean time
> >
> > If anybody could make a screenshot with the human theme similar to the
> > ones on http://gnomefx.mozdev.org/screenshots.html and send this to me I
> > would be very greatful. For people first wanting to see a screenshot.
> > The human theme looks like the Industrial theme but then with green GTK
> > icons.
> >
> > I hope you like it.
> >
> > Jaap
> >

> I like it that this is available for gnome! But am I the only one that
> finds the gnome-icons (back, reload, etcetera) so old-fashioned? I'd
> like to see a more shiney one, with subtle shadows and colors like
> default firefox has.
>
> I know there are other icon themes for gnome downloadable, but most are
> incomplete - and that makes using them looking at an ugly inconsistent
> mix! How do you guys feel?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

I recently found this icon theme.
http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon/758/

Sure does look sweet.
Especially with the Industrial Window Border (ships with Ubuntu) and the
6Gnome application theme. (http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/549/)

Why is it that so many themes seem to be based around the colour blue???
Why do some colours work really well (blue, grey,silver for example) and
some just look awful?

regards

David