Setting-up apache & php

Giovanni Sce giova at digitalright.org
Sun Jan 9 16:00:36 UTC 2005

Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:25:06 +0000
From: piltdown <piltdown at fastmail.fm>
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 12:30:22 +0100, Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski wrote:

Hi, jumping late in the thread so I may have missed some details...

In my httpd.conf (apache configuration file) I have these lines:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve if a directory
# is requested.
#
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.html.var

>   Maybe you didn't set Apache to interprete .html files with PHP? Try
> creating file phpinfo.php and put there this code:
>
> <?php phpinfo(); ?>

Thanks for your help.

I've created the file and attempting to open in Firefox but the browser
simply asks me what I want to do with the file - save to disk or open with
another application.

I get the impression that I'm out of my depth! But still determined to
succeed!

http://www.digitalright.org
Building ICT capacity against disparity!
Por Informatica Popular!