Dummy-compliant CD copying on Ubuntu?

tiiim ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jan 7 09:32:34 UTC 2005

Martin Schmitt Wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm looking for a really simple application for copying data and audio
> CDs on Ubuntu, using an ATAPI writer.
>
> I know that there's k3b with its friendly big icons in the lower half
> of
> its initial screen. I'd like to avoid Universe and KDE applications on
> this machine, though.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -martin

hmmm cd writing on GNOME is not quite as nice as KDE ...YET! Gnome has
one built in you can access it by drag and droping on the blank cd. but
for anything serious you may have to wait there is stuff under heavy
development.
Apparany rythmbox cvs has audio cd burning support..

the other three will be: optimystic, gnome-baker and coaster.

However all 3 of these programs are under heavy development so use with
caution. But maybe hoary will have some stuff built in but at the mo
GNOME got the basics there a fully-fledge program will surface one day
its just a question of when....

--
tiiim