firmware loading not working with warty live CD

Cameron Hutchison camh+ubuntu at xdna.net
Thu Jan 6 10:29:58 UTC 2005

I've just loaded the warty live CD and I'm trying to get it working with
my ZyXEL G100 wireless PCMCIA card. The card works with the prism54
driver and the isl3890 firmware. The card is tested and working on a HD
install of warty.

When I boot the live CD, if I look at /proc/mounts, a number of
filesystems are listed twice - the important one in this case is /sys
(sysfs). It too is listed twice.

This is breaking the /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent script which greps
/proc/mounts to find where sysfs is mounted. It ends up with the string
"/sys /sys", instead of "/sys". When it uses this string to construct a
path, it will obviously fail.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The machine I'm installing onto is a Toshiba Tecra 8100. I boot the
standard "Ubuntu" boot option, adding "acpi=off".