usb drive not detaching

Carlos Escutia Chávez carlosescutia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 23:05:47 UTC 2005

This is a problem of the file alteration monitor (fam). Just restart it:

carlos at portatil ~ $ umount /mnt/respaldo/
umount: /mnt/respaldo: device is busy
umount: /mnt/respaldo: device is busy
carlos at portatil ~ $ sudo /etc/init.d/fam restart
Password:
 * Restarting file alteration monitor...                                 [ ok ]
carlos at portatil ~ $ umount /mnt/respaldo/
carlos at portatil ~ $

Regards.

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:30:11 -0600, Michael C. Thorogood
<mcthorogood at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Asko Kauppi wrote:
>

> > Does anyone else have problems with Ubuntu (warty) and USB drives?
> >
> > When plugging in, the drive automatically shows up on desktop as
> > 'sda1' (I think).  Works well, albeit a bit slow perhaps.  But at
> > detact time (I take 'detach volume' with the right button menu) it
> > gives an error (unable to detach, device busy).  If I still remove the
> > drive, things might or might not be in order.
> >
> > Who's using this volume, since I'm not?  Doing 'sync' does not change
> > the situation.  What can I do?
> >
> > -ak
> >

> Say "umount -l  /dev/sda1" from a terminal.  I have a USB zip drive
> that has to  be unmounted with the 'lazy' option.  See the man page for
> umount.

007 - Con licencia para... leer, escribir, ejecutar