Broken Application Menus in Hoary? Lyx broken?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Jan 5 02:52:57 UTC 2005

A couple of days ago I updated form Warty to Hoary - probably misguidedly so
as Warty is wonderful and ended up with a seriously broken system. X ceased
to work, KDE was partially de-installed etc.

Most is restored to some degree of order, but two things bug me a lot - the
new panel menu's Application, Places, System look great in principle but
appear to be uneditable - previosly I re-arranged things a bit by adding and
deleting stuff from the menus but now this appears to be impossible.

Any advice how I can switch on the edit functions again?

The second problem - a number of packages rely heavily on python<<2.4 and
the update has made them uninstallable. The most important for me is lyx
which I use daily. I tried to rebuild from source but failed (probably  my
lack of competence rather than a real problem)

Any idea when lyx will be on stream again?

Peter

--
+++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
AKTION für Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben