Kernel 2.6.10 Not Booting Properly

Markus Kolb ubuntu-ml at tower-net.de
Tue Jan 4 19:43:23 UTC 2005

Diane Gonzales wrote on Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 02:52:16 +0800:
> I'm having problems booting my newly compiled and upgraded kernel. It
> says that X is being used and cannot be used, but obviously I wasn't
> using X. I have two kernel images in my PC, one for backup. Would that
> be a reason why I can't run X?
>
> Thanks. :)

Hey Diane,

it is not the 2nd kernel image.
But I have no idea what you must exactly do to get the selfbuilt kernel
working. Ubuntu uses the Debian kernel which is patched with many stuff
and then Ubuntu patches itself the Debian kernel.
So I think there is something missing in your selfcompiled kernel. Can
be wrong configured or you need additional patches.
Please give more information with excactly examples of the errors.
Why do you need the 2.6.10 kernel?

Markus