usb drive not detaching

tiiim ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Jan 4 13:52:35 UTC 2005

Asko Kauppi Wrote:
> Okay now.
>
> Either reformatting the card (under WinXP), apt-get upgrade or simply
> the fact that the card no longer is bootable (it used to be) has fixed
> the issue.
>
> Could it be that bootability of a dongle affects this?  Perhaps the
> filesystem was simply messed up.
>
> -ak
>
> 4.1.2005 kello 15:03, Asko Kauppi kirjoitti:
>

> > Well, 'lsof /dev/sda1' says nothing.  And I _know_ that there's no
> > program using it.
> >
> > Closing all Gnome & other programs makes no difference, either.
> > Perhaps it's a driver issue, I'll see what happens with the latest
> > apt-get upgrade.
> >
> > The error itself (translated, in an X11 dialog):
> >
> > 	Detaching selected volume failed
> > 	umount: /dev/sda1 device is busy
> > 	umount: /dev/sda1 device is busy
> > 	Error: umount failed
> >
> > Thanks anyway! :)

> >> Nope, although, after upgrading to kernel 2.6.10 I noticed that my
> >> usb device is /dev/uba1 instead of sda1

> >> If you open a terminal, you can type:
> >> $lsof /dev/sda1
> >> to see what's using it.
> >>
> >> Jonathan
> >>

> >> --
> >> Jonathan Carter
> >> The Shuttleworth Foundation - Supporting social innovation
> >> Ph (021) 970 1230 | Fax: (021) 970 1231
> >> http://www.shuttleworthfoundation.org
> >> Chat to me on Jabber: highvoltage at jabberafrica.org
> >> Escape mediocrity, try ubuntulinux.org
> >>

> > --
could of been then. Cos my card works fine on Ubuntu just insert and
de-sert all the time. Just be wary when you delete under Linux it may
not clean it off card. To resolved this when you delete in GNOME view
hidden files and you find a folder called .Trash or something go in
there and delete info from there and it free your card memory up again,

--
tiiim