Mozilla Thunderbird

CB ubuntu-users at crispin.cb-ss.net
Mon Jan 3 05:57:02 UTC 2005

Rich Duzenbury wrote:

> Balderdash.  I manage over 25,000 emails with courier imap and
> evolution, and it is very pleasant.  Be sure to check 'Automatically
> synchronise remote mail locally' in the Tools->Settings, Edit Primary
> Account, Receiving options tab.

Well, I am an inexpert user of both Ubuntu and Evolution, so no doubt
there may be something that I haven't configured that might speed things
up. But in it's current state, on my system (warty, updated daily) in
conjunction with my imap server (fastmail, don't know what software), I
find Evolution to be by far the slowest email client I have ever used.
Thunderbird and mutt are 10's of seconds faster on many operations.

No doubt there are many variables which could make the experience vary
wildly, but I can tell you as fact that mine is not in the 'pleasant'
ballpark.

That disagreement aside, thanks for the synchronisation setting
suggestion (I did have it set already as it happens).

Cheers,

CB.