Mozilla Thunderbird

Bill Bruckner bbruck at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 21:05:36 UTC 2005

walt wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 13:56 -0500, kastorff wrote:
>

>>Looks like I'm gonna be in the minority of those who've posted, but I
>>love Evolution. I've tried the multiple specialized apps before, and I
>>prefer the monolithic all in one approach. It simply integrates far
>>better if you use all of the apps daily...IMO of course. :D
>>

>>--
>>

> Actually I love evolution too. I do not like thunderbird and don't use
>it. If I try out any other linux distro on my 'test' computer I make
>sure evolution is available. I think it is all personal choice though.
>
>Walt

Walt,

Your statement about "personal choice" says it all for me.  I happen to
prefer Thunderbird, but I really like the fact that I can try Evolution
or Mozilla or whatever else I want.  When I  used Microsoft, I made do
with applications that didn't necessarily meet all my needs because I
was financially invested in the software.  Now I freely choose from the
best (for me) of whatever's available.

If Ubuntu makes Thunderbird the default e-mail package, that's fine with
me.  If it doesn't, that's fine with me too.   I'll just load it (as I
have) change the Gnome "Preferred Applications", and I'm happy.  If
something else comes along that I like better...well, I'll change to that.

Regards,
Bill